Thank you to Melissa Williams of labeltwntynine.com who has nominated me for the Liebster award. As part of the award I must go on to nominate 11 other bloggers, share 11 random facts about myself, answer the 11 questions set me by Melissa and set 11 questions to be answered by the people who I have nominated.
First of all, the 11 people I am nominating are as follows…
11 random facts about me:
1. I am currently writing my blog from a psychiatric ward.
2. I have started and nearly started a grand total of 3 degrees.
3. I have completed beginner level counselling training .
4. I am obsessed with notebooks, mainly writing lists and planning future blog posts.
5. My dream job is to be a journalist .
6. My other dream job is to write a book of my experiences .
7. My ideal holiday would be to attend a writer’s retreat.
8. I have moved over 10 times this year.
9. I would love to be well enough to go back to uni and study either creative writing or art.
10. I’m originally from London and now live in South Wales .
11. I’m about to become an auntie.
Questions from Melissa:
1. If you could give your younger self a piece of advice, what would it be?
Stop hating yourself!
2. Who is one of your sources of inspiration ?
Charlotte Walker ( purplepersuasion.wordpress.com ) .
3. What is something that you cannot live without?
Friendship, both online and offline.
4. What would be your ideal date or ideal outing in general?
A trip to London to see my friends and family over there, especially my soon-to-be-born niece.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world for the next year, where would it be and why?
Either where Home and Away is filmed in Australia or near my friends and family in London with regular trips back to my friends in South Wales .
6. What makes you happy?
My partner and the sense of achievement I get when I publish a piece of writing .
7. What quality in a person is a complete turn-off? Why?
Someone who is a bully as I have been on the receiving end of bullying far too many times in my life.
8. Why did you start blogging?
To reach out to others with mental illness so we would feel less alone and to raise awareness and understanding of what life is like with a mental illness for those who do not have that experience but who are interested in finding out more. The other reason why I started blogging is because I love to write and I wanted to share my writing with others.
9. What is your secret obsession?
I have a bit of a shopping problem.
10. What television show or book are you loving right now?
I’m getting much of an opportunity to read or watch TV but my guilty pleasures are Game of thrones (book and film) and Home and Away.
11. Who is your celebrity crush? Why?
It’s very embarrassing to admit but Brax in home and away is very cute.
Right, my questions for those I have nominated are as follows:
1. When did you start blogging? (Age and length of time ago) .
2. What is the category of your blog?
3. You’re on a desert island and can only bring one book, what would it be and why?
4. Which social media account of yours do you use the most?
5. Do you read any magazines?
6. What was the last thing you watched?
7. Same desert island, what celebrity would you want to be stuck with and why.
8. Why did you chose your blog’s name?
9. What is your dream job/career/life goal?
10. Who are your top 3 favourite bloggers?
11. What is your guilty pleasure?
So now it’s your turn, nominate 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers, answer the questions I’ve set as well as giving 11 random facts about yourself and finally, set your nominees 11 questions to answer . If you have any questions please feel free to email me on firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @spursbythebeach . I look forward to reading your posts/comments 🙂
About brokenglassshimmersI’m 30 and have BPD and arthritis. This website will detail how I deal with my health issues, reading and writing. I am in the process of writing books and I will keep you posted about how that is going. I also want to run an online book club and writer’s circle. Please feel free to comment on the site and to let me know if there are any improvements or changes you would like to see. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
- The October update – my struggle with anxiety and mood swings October 25, 2015
- Safety in self-knowledge – part 3 October 25, 2015
- Safety in self-knowledge – part 2 October 24, 2015
- Safety in self-knowledge part 1 October 22, 2015
- Life after a crisis July 8, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
This month on Brokenglassshimmers
- attitudes of others/stigma
- Bipolar disorder
- Blogging community
- care manager
- Community Mental Health Team
- Crisis Team
- day centre
- Depression/suicidal thoughts
- distorted thinking
- Home Treatment Team
- in control
- life as a service user
- Mental health
- Mental illness
- Negative thoughts
- Occupational therapist
- people pleaser
- physical disability
- postcode lottery
- psych ward
- psychiatric ward
- self harm
- Social media
- social worker
- socially isolated
- suicidal thoughts
- the mental health community